Peninsula Villages remains in a state of isolation and highly restricted access due to the ongoing Coronavirus developments across NSW. Only essential services and visitation to residents in a state of palliation is permitted.
The following strategies remain in place to reduce the risk of COVID-19 entering the facility:
1.State of isolation and highly restricted access only for essential services and visitation to residents in a state of Palliation until further notice. Those who fit the exemption criteria (Palliative Care) will be allowed entry only after discussion with the Facility Manager.
2.We are strongly advising Residents both in care and Independent Living Units to cease excursions outside the facility except for urgent reasons such as medical appointments or food shopping (Independent Living).
3. If a Resident needs to leave the service we ask that you wear a mask whilst out in the community which you will be able to obtain from your reception area.
4. We will provide a ‘Visiting Window Space’ where you can see your loved one and talk via mobile phone communication. You will need to book a visiting time via the facility administration for your building:
-Pam Palmer House: Unit 14 (window faces the front of the building)
- Don Leggett House: Reception area via the glass front doors
- Jack Aldous House: The Facility Manager’s office (window accessible via Lone Pine Ave)
5. Peninsula Villages will continue its family Zoom calls and you can book accordingly by contacting reception.
6. We are asking that Independent Living Residents and Care Residents exercise social responsibility and limit their access to communal areas and self-isolate if unwell or if you have visited any of the below hotspots. As of the 30th July 2020, until further notice: any visitors to any residential aged care facility who have been in the following Local Government Areas in the previous 14 days should be excluded from the facility:
Ongoing: all aged care staff who reside in the above Local Government Areas or a NSW/VIC border community must wear a surgical mask while in the facility.
Ongoing: staff and visitors who have visited any of the locations on the same date as a COVID-19 case should be excluded for a period of 14 days since their visit to the listed location. Click here to view these locations that have been updated as at 10 August 2020.
We are deeply sorry that we have had to take these measures, but due to the increased virility of COVID-19 and lessons already learnt regarding Aged Care Facilities in Victoria, we feel that now is the right time to put these controls in place to do our best to keep the facility COVID free. We trust you support our decision that of course was made with our residents and staff front of mind.
As soon as this period of high risk decreases we will once again open our doors to visitors.
We urge you to check the following link for advice from NSW Health daily for the latest Covid-19 case locations in NSW and any other important new information or guidelines: