Peninsula Villages remains in a state of isolation and highly restricted access due to the ongoing Coronavirus developments across NSW, therefore we have to update our strategies to prevent community transmission into the Facility.
The following strategies have been updated in accordance with the NSW Health Directive dated 11th September 2020:
1. Peninsula Villages continues in a state of isolation with highly restricted access only for essential services and visitation to residents in a state of Palliation or who fit the Care and Support criteria until further notice. Those who fit the exemption criteria (Palliative Care/Care and support) will only be allowed entry after discussion with the Facility Manager.
2. For visitors who fit within the Palliative Care/Care and Support criteria, a full risk assessment will be conducted on each visit and you will be required to wear a face mask during the visit.
a. Visits are restricted to once/day for each person
b. A maximum of two visitors at a time; children are to be closely supervised
3. Any other visitor exemptions are on hold for another week pending advice from the Chief Medical Officer on the 18th September 2020. The Covid Management Committee monitor updated information daily and will provide you with any new or changed information.
4. We are strongly advising Residents to cease all excursions outside the facility except for urgent reasons such as essential medical appointments (you will be required to wear a mask during your time away from the facility). Your family members can leave shopping at the front door and we will deliver it to you or if you are able to please shop online.
5. Any residents exiting and re-entering the village for urgent reasons will have a Risk Assessment completed, this will need to be conducted every time you leave/enter the facility.
6. When residents return from excursions outside the village you are required to wear a mask at all times in common areas until the Order is revised, tentatively 18 September 2020 by NSW Health
7. We will provide a ‘Visiting Window Space’ where you can see your loved one and talk via mobile phone communication. You will need to book a visiting time via the facility administration for your building:
a. Pam Palmer House: Unit 14 (window faces the front of the building)
b. Don Leggett House: Reception area via the glass front doors
c. Jack Aldous House: The Facility Manager’s office (window accessible via Lone Pine Ave)
d. Pozieres House: Alert staff at reception on arrival via the intercom system located at the front door – staff will direct you
8. Peninsula Villages will continue its family Zoom calls and you can book accordingly by contacting reception.
9. We are asking that Care Residents exercise social responsibility and limit their access to communal areas and self-isolate if unwell or if you have visited any of the identified hotspots. Click here to view current hotspots as at 16/9/20.
10. If you experience any of the following symptoms, please report it immediately to staff and we will conduct a Covid-19 test:
a. fever (37.5 ° or higher)
c. sore/scratchy throat
d. shortness of breath
e. loss of smell or
f. loss of taste
Other reported symptoms include
b. runny nose
c. muscle pain
d. joint pain
h. loss of appetite
We appreciate your patience with the changing environment, our staff are working tirelessly to ensure we can maintain a safe and comfortable environment for our residents.
We urge you to check the following link for advice from NSW Health daily for the latest Covid-19 case locations in NSW and any other important new information or guidelines.