- Supportive team environment in an industry leading facility
- A variety of wellbeing initiatives such as free staff massages.
- Ongoing education at our Learning & Development Centre.
- Immediate start.
We are a well-established and respected aged care facility on the Central Coast. We are part of a consolidated PACE group of not-for-profit retirement villages. We are proactive with a modern Model of Care, that is committed to delivering Consumer Directed Care and creating an environment where residents feel safe, respected, and receive the highest level of care possible.
About the role
We are seeking a reliable, flexible, and experienced Registered Nurse with a passion and desire to make a difference in our residents’ lives. This is a casual role with opportunity to pick up additional shifts to cover annual leave.
In this autonomous role, you will be able to exercise a sound clinical judgement regarding residents’ health issues including wound care and chronic & acute disease processes. The ideal candidate will possess excellent verbal and written communication skills to effectively liaise with doctors and other allied health services.
You will build strong, positive relationships with our residents and be responsible for the delivery of personal care and assistance to meet their individual needs. The role is to deliver homely and loving environments by providing care with compassion.
Excellent people skills are an essential part of this position, as is the ability to support and motivate staff and residents towards a positive and productive lifestyle. To be considered, we are looking for:
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience as Registered Nurse in aged care setting.
- Full unrestricted registration with AHPRA.
- Excellent interpersonal, problem-solving and leadership skills.
- Computer literacy and experience with documentation.
- Excellent time management and organisation skills.
- Understanding of WH&S and Infection Control principles.
- Knowledge of ACFI and accreditation standards.
- Must be an Australian citizen/permanent resident or have permanent working rights.
Perks & Benefits
- We have a full-time Nurse Practitioner on site to assist you with your professional development.
- 20% discount at our local Pharmacy.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
- Staff Well-being Program.
Applications must include a current resume and cover letter addressing your suitability against the above criteria. Unfortunately, we are not able to accommodate applications for visa sponsorship.
This is a physical role and physical capabilities are required to meet the job demands.
Only successful applicants will be notified.
Applicants invited to attend interview must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Offers of employment will be subject to police certificate requirements in accordance with Police Certificate Guidelines for Aged Care Providers and a functional assessment.
Please note to apply for this position you must have permanent work rights.