- Immediate start. Casual and part time position available.
- In-house education program – planned career development
- Excellent team environment
We are a well-established and respected charity on the Central Coast that specialises in all aspects of aged and dementia care. We are committed to delivering Resident Centred Care and creating an environment where our residents feel safe, respected and receive the highest level of care possible.
About the role
We are seeking enthusiastic, reliable and dedicated Care Service Employees with a passion for aged care and the desire to make a real difference in our residents’ lives.
In this multi-skilled role as a Care Service Employee (CSE) you will provide personalised care to residents in accordance with our model of care and ICCARE values, enabling them to engage in life within the home. CSEs assist with the full range of duties including personal care, medication administration, tidying up and provide opportunities for residents to engage in activities of daily living, leisure activities and wider community involvement. You may be required to work across Support Services in catering (wash up, servery etc.), laundry (transfer and fold linen, operate commercial equipment) and housekeeping (cleaning, operating equipment etc.).
You will build strong, positive relationships with our residents and their families and deliver homely and loving environments by providing care with compassion, integrity and dignity.
- Commitment to engage and align with Peninsula Village ICCARE Values
- Relevant qualifications – Certificate III or IV in Aged Care and current First Aid Certificate
- You genuinely enjoy elderly people and want to make a difference to their lives
- Demonstrated understanding of residents’ care needs
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to changing needs
- Strong administrative and computer skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Understanding of WHS and infection control principles
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Dementia specific training/experience and previous experience in caring for the aged in an aged care facility will be well regarded
This is a physical role and physical capabilities are required to meet the job demands.
Applications must include a current resume and cover letter addressing your suitability against the above criteria.
All short listed applicants will be subject to National Police Certificate Clearance prior to the commencement of work and will be asked to attend to a functional assessment.