- Multiple casual & part time positions available
- Roles to commence in July 2020
In house education program – planned career development
Excellent team environment
A variety of staff benefits including salary packaging
About the role
We are seeking enthusiastic, reliable and dedicated Care Service Employees with a passion for aged care and the desire to make a real difference in our residents’ lives.
In this multi-skilled role as a Care Service Employee (CSE) you will provide personalised care to residents in accordance with our model of care and ICCARE values, enabling them to engage in life within the home.
CSEs assist with the full range of duties including personal care, medication administration, tidying up and provide opportunities for residents to engage in activities of daily living, leisure activities and wider community involvement.
You may be required to work across Support Services in catering (wash up, servery etc.), laundry (transfer and fold linen, operate commercial equipment) and housekeeping (cleaning, operating equipment etc).
You will build strong, positive relationships with our residents and their families and deliver homely and loving environments by providing care with compassion, integrity and dignity.
- Commitment to engage and align with Peninsula Village ICCARE Values and the Consumer Centred Care model;
- Relevant qualifications – Certificate III or IV in Aged Care and current First Aid Certificate;
- You genuinely enjoy elderly people and want to make a difference to their lives;
- Demonstrated understanding of residents’ care needs;
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to changing needs;
- Strong administrative and computer skills;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Understanding of WHS and infection control principles;
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment;
- Dementia specific training/experience and previous experience in caring for the aged in an aged care facility will be well regarded.
This is a physical role and physical capabilities are required to meet the job demands.
Applications must include a current resume and cover letter addressing your suitability against the above criteria.
Only successful applicants will be notified.
Offers of employment will be subject to police certificate requirements in accordance with Police Certificate Guidelines for Aged Care Providers and a functional assessment.
Shortlisted applicants invited to attend an interview will be required to show evidence of having received the 2020 influenza vaccination which includes the batch number.
Please note to apply for this position you must have the right to work in Australia.