- In-house education program. We care about your career development.
- A variety of staff benefits including salary packaging and wellbeing initiatives.
Peninsula Villages is the largest aged care organisation on the Central Coast. We have a proactive Model of Care, that is committed to delivering Consumer Directed Care and creating an environment where our residents feel safe, respected, and receive the highest level of care possible.
What are the advantages of working at Peninsula Villages?
- We truly believe Peninsula Villages is an amazing place to work. We care about our staff and have an above industry rate of staff retention.
- Our staff nurture new employees and embrace them as part of the Peninsula Villages family. We all want our new staff to succeed in their role.
- Our Personal Care Assistants (PCAs) are called Care Partners, as we provide an opportunity for our staff to partner with residents to provide holistic care.
- We have a large in-house education team that are invested in each staff member’s career development, and being a large organisation we offer opportunities for career growth. Our Learning and Development team are able to mentor staff individually to help them realise their potential.
- As a charitable organisation we offer full salary packaging which increases your take home pay!
- We have a range of staff benefits including gym and local business discounts and free uniforms.
These are just some of the reasons why we believe we are the leading aged care organisation on the Central Coast!
About the role
We are seeking enthusiastic, reliable, and dedicated Personal Care Assistants with a passion for aged care and the desire to make a real difference in our residents’ lives.
In the role of a Personal Care Assistant, you will provide personalised care to residents in accordance with our model of care and ICCARE values, enabling them to engage in life within the home. PCAs assist with the full range of duties including personal care, medication administration, tidying up and provide opportunities for residents to engage in activities of daily living, leisure activities and wider community involvement.
You will build strong, positive relationships with our residents and their families and deliver homely and loving environments by providing care with compassion, integrity and dignity.
- Are you willing to engage and align your practice with our Peninsula Villages ICCARE Values?
- Do you hold a minimum of Certificate III in Individual Support or equivalent?
- Do you have the ability to complete documentation on a computer and excellent communication skills?
- Can you demonstrate an understanding of WHS and infection control principles?
- Do you love to work independently and in a team environment.
- We’d prefer you to have dementia specific training/experience and previous experience in caring for the aged in an aged care facility.
If the answer is ‘yes’ to these questions, please submit your application today. We can’t wait to hear from you!!
Please note: This is a physical role and physical capabilities are required to meet the job demands. You must be an Australian citizen/permanent resident and have permanent working rights as unfortunately, we are not able to accommodate applications for visa sponsorship.
Offers of employment will be subject to police certificate requirements in accordance with Police Certificate Guidelines for Aged Care Providers and a functional assessment. To work in aged care, you must be vaccinated for COVID-19 and willing to have the annual influenza vaccination.